Sometimes users may have to move QuickBooks from one system to another or they try to clone the hard drive of one system to another. When they do so, they can encounter different kinds of errors. QuickBooks license errors are one such error. This error occurs when you attempt to start the QuickBooks application on the cloned system. This issue can be hard to resolve but if you will follow the correct method, you will be able to fix the issue. In this article, we have explained to you how to resolve the QuickBooks license error and why you encounter the same. Keep reading to know in detail.
What Leads to QuickBooks License Error
Read all the possible reasons for which you may encounter the QuickBooks license error.
- There is no latest version of QuickBooks installed.
- Windows operating system is outdated.
- In case you have not saved the QB file before importing it into your system.
- Next, any third-party application installed on your system is causing issues.
- Important system components like MSXML are damaged on the system.
What All You Need To Do
Before using the advanced fixation methods, here are some steps that you will have to go through.
- Ensure you have admin credentials for your system.
- You must create a backup of your company file before moving it.
- Ensure that have all the valid subscription details.
- Make sure to use QuickBooks download the latest version.
How to Get Rid of Quickbooks License Error After Clone
We hope till now you are aware of all the important information regarding the QuickBooks License error after the clone. Here’s how you can resolve it. Below we have mentioned all the methods that you can use to fix the issue.
Fix1: Remove Entitlement File From Your System
The entitlement file contains all the information about the license of your QuickBooks application. When this file gets corrupted, it can lead to a lot of issues including license errors. So, removing the entitlement file and then registering on the application again can help you resolve the issue. Follow these steps to get started.
- First, open the task manager by pressing the CTRL key, ALT key, and DELETE key together.
- After this, in the task manager, you will have to click on the processes tab and then choose Qbw32.exe process. Choose to end the process.
- When done, a confirmation window will open on the screen and you will have to click on the Yes option.
- Next, you will have to press the Windows key and R key together to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type the address: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8
- The next step is to click on the OK button.
- The entitlement folder will open on the screen. You will have to choose to delete the entitlement file from the folder.
- In the confirmation prompt, choose Yes.
- When done, start QuickBooks and then register on the application again.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks
Another reason for which you can face the QuickBooks license error after the clone is that you are not using an updated version of the QuickBooks application. So, the next method we suggest you follow is to update the QuickBooks application to the latest version. The following steps will guide you through the process.
- For this, you will have to start the QuickBooks application on the system and then choose the help menu.
- Under this tab, you will have to choose the option to update the QuickBooks application.
- When done, you will have to choose the update now option.
- Also, you can choose the reset update option if you wish to undo all the recent updates.
- When done, click on the option to get updates so that whenever any update will be available, you will be notified.
- The update process will then begin. Wait for it to complete.
- On completion, start the QuickBooks application again and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Also Read: How to Void a Check in QuickBooks | Easy Methods
Method 3: Use File Doctor Tool
Now, if you are not able to access the QuickBooks company file on your system, you will have to use the QuickBooks file doctor to fix the issue. The tool will diagnose and fix all the errors related to the QuickBooks application and file. For this, here are the steps that you will have to follow.
- First, from the Intuit website, you will have to download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save the downloaded file on the desktop or another easily accessible location.
- When done, you will have to double-click on the downloaded file to open the installation window. Follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process as well as agree to all the terms and conditions.
- When done, click on the tool hub icon and then choose the option to run QuickBooks file doctor.
- In the file doctor tool window, you will have to choose the file and then choose the check file damage option.
- When done, the file diagnoses will start. After the completion, close the window and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Also Read: Overtaking the Competitors: Automotive sensors
With all the methods mentioned above, you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks license error after the clone. If you continue facing the same issue, you will have to seek technical help.
This is Aryan, I am a professional SEO Expert & Write for us technology blog and submit a guest post on different platforms- Technoohub provides a good opportunity for content writers to submit guest posts on our website. We frequently highlight and tend to showcase guests
1 thought on “Resolve Quickbooks license error after clone by Quickbooks file doctor”